Welcome to inner voyage into the realms of spirituality, an inward journey that will awaken the inner self, the Buddha nature: an inherent quality in every sentient being, realization of which will led you to the ultimate liberation of yourself.
This divine tour is a window into the esoteric world of Tibetan Buddhism: a lifetime experience.
Date: 17 - 27 July 2023
Ladakh is the focal point of travel and discovery. It is also an important retreat space for many religious people across the world. The feeling of calmness after visiting a monastery, trekking along the mountains and being greeted by apricot cheeked kids. Well, the adventures keep on growing and of course away from the stir and storm of city life. If you are curious about oracles, you can witness Lhamo, a female Shaman-Oracle. Oracles attend patients and cure their ailments. They also predict auspicious time for various events in one’s life. In order to discover the local taste, a lunch with a local Tibetan family will be arranged on the same day. You will have the opportunity to actively participate in a two days retreat on eight verses on mind training. To fetch deeper insights into Yogis, you can attend a Chod prayer. Chod ritual is an esoteric tantric practice aiming at cutting your ego or attachment to your body by mentally visualizing the offering of your body to all sentient beings. If you are curious about oracles, you can witness Lhamo, a female Shaman-Oracle. Oracles attend patients and cure their ailments. They also predict auspicious time for various events in one’s life. You will also be able to observe rituals like green tara puja, hanging prayer flags and cleansing offering.
- Domestic Airfare (Delhi- Leh & Leh - Delhi)
- 02 Nights Hotel accommodation in Delhi with Breakfast.(Arrival and departure day)
- 04 Night Accommodation at retreat centre
- 04 Nights Accommodation at Leh
- 01 Night Accommodation at Sham valley
- 02 Nights Accommodation at Nubra valley
- 11 breakfast, 11 lunches; 11 dinners (full board in Ladakh)
- English speaking tour guide throughout the tour
- Arrival and departure transfer with private driver at Delhi
- Innova Toyota car transportation in Ladakh
- Entry fees to museums and monasteries noted on itinerary
- Restricted Area Permit for Ladakh (ILP)
- Environment fee for Ladakh
- Honorarium to Yogi , Amchi and Shaman
- 01 mineral water bottle per day
- International Airfare Indian
- Tourist eVisa (required)
- Cancellation & Medical Insurance
- Lunch and dinner in delhi
- Meals and drinks not specified
- Personal expenses such as laundry, drinks and telephone calls
- Tips for local guides, drivers, porters, hotel staff, and ect
- Any type of Natural Crises, Road Blocking and Flight Delay Charges
- Anything not mentioned in website
Day 1: Arrival in Delhi (B)
- You will find our representatives waiting for your arrival at Delhi Airport. After receiving a warm welcome, you will be dropped at your designated hotel. You can relax and rejuvenate for the day
- If possible, we suggest arriving a day early to rest and refresh after your flight., we can arrange the extra night.
(Overnight in Ashok country resort or similar)
Day 2: Delhi – Leh (B,L,D)
- After a delightful breakfast, we will leave towards the IG Airport and board our flight to Leh. You are setting forth to unfold Ladakh through your own lens.
- Our representatives will greet you at the Leh airport and you will be transferred to your hotel.
- You are advised to take a good rest in order to acclimatise to the new environment. walking around the retreat centre.
Overnight at Retreat centre
Day 3 – 5: (B,L,D)
Day 6: Leh- Thiksey – Hemis - (B,L,D)
- Early in the morning we are going to Thiksey Gompa, watch the sunrise and attend prayers at gompa. Experience the energy of Buddhist mantras and chants with monks. Thiksey monastery is settled on a hill top and it shares a story of its resemblance to Potala in Lhasa. The monastery houses a big statue of the Maitreya Buddha.
- After breakfast at Thiksey we are going to visit Hemis monastery, Hemis is the largest and richest monastery in Ladakh and it belongs to Kagyupa buddhist school.
- After lunch visit to Stok Palace: Towering over a hill overlooking the valley of Singey Sangpo, popularly known as the Indus River, the 200-year old Stok Palace is an endearing landmark, historically, aesthetically, architecturally
(Overnight in The Nagsay Hotel or similar)
Day 7 Leh - Alchi . Sham valley (B,L,D)
- We will sojourn to ShamValley after breakfast and visit Likir Gompa enroute. The monastery was built in the 11th century, and is known for the 75 m tall Buddha statue.
- Geshe la, will offer prayers for longevity and the removal of obstacles in our life and spiritual practice. Alchi village is known for Alchi Choskor which is one of the oldest temples in Ladakh (a national heritage).
- Alchi Choskor is mainly known for the preservation of 10th century wall paintings and images decorated by artists and craftsmen of Buddhist Kashmir under the supervision of Lostava Rinchen Sangpo. Because of its exterior appearance, Alchi escaped the attention of invaders from neighboring regions that destroyed monasteries located on the Leh-Srinagar trade route.
- Overnight in Grand Moonland hotel (Sham valley).
Day 8: Lamayuru- Wanala- Leh (B,L,D)
- After breakfast, drive to Wanla The monastery is believed to be built around 1000 AD. During that time, Lama Rinchen Zangpo, a saint, translated Buddha’s teachings into Tibetan. The monastery is located near the Lamayuru Monastery.
- The monastery falls in the category of the 108 Monasteries which were constructed during 958-1055 AD with the support of the King of Ladakh.
- The key attraction of this monastery is the three-storied image of the 11-headed Mahakaruna or Avalokiteshwara. The Gompa also has many paintings of Buddha, Bodhisattvas and Mandalas.You will have a chance to meet and interact with Yogis and attend the Chod prayer led by Yogis at Wanla.
- Chod ritual is an esoteric tantric practice aiming at cutting your ego or attachment to your body by mentally visualizing the offering of your body to all sentient beings, especially to the restless hungered creatures of the spirit world.
- Today we will also explore Lamayuru monastery. Lamayuru is the Kagyu lineage of Tibetan Buddhism in Ladakh and this monastery is the largest monastic institution of Kagyu lineage in Ladakh.(Overnight in The Nagsay Hotel or similar)
Day 9: Leh
- Today we will journey towards Nubra Valley. After a whirlwind of bumpy rides up the Khardunglha pass 18380 ft, enjoy the spectacular view of the surrounding mountain ranges.
- Our lunch would be en-route.
- On the way we will visit Diskit Monastery, the oldest and largest Buddhist monastery in the Nubra valley. We will learn about the spiritual and cultural history of the monastery and its connection to Thiksey Monastery.
- We will also spend time at the nearby statue of JampaMaitreya Buddha (Buddha of the future), which stands over 100-feet tall on a hilltop just below the monastery. In 2010 His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama consecrated the statue, which promotes world peace and protects Diskit village. This colourful statue is impressive to behold, and we will explore the significance of the “future Buddha” and the role of the statue.
(Overnight in Champa Resort or Similar, Nubra valley)
Day 10: Leh- Pangong
- Departure towards Pangong lake. We proceed to Taktok Gompa which is a monastery within a cave with beautiful wall paintings. A collection of multicolored yak butter candle sculptures made by the head lama can also be seen. Arrival at Spangmik village, enjoying beautiful views of mountains of the Chang-Chenmo Range and snow-capped peaks of the Pangong Range from the village. Several glaciers located on the north west of the Pangong Lake are also visible from the village.
Overnight at Spangmik. (B,D)
Day 11: Pangong - Leh via Changla pass
Visit Pangong Lake (4,267 m). which is bisected by the international border between India and China. Spending some free time at the beautiful lake, meditation or practicing yoga. On visiting Tangtse monastery, one of the very important monasteries of Drigung kyagyu.Return Back to Leh.
Overnight at Leh (B, D).
Day 12: Leh -Delhi (B)
- After breakfast, transfer to the airport and fly to Delhi.
- Upon arrival check in to the hotel at Delhi (Ashok country resort)
- Late evening transfer to international airport and fly back home with an upgraded travel experience.