A 14-day Buddhist spiritual experience program launched by Soulful Tours in partnership with Drepung Gomang Lingshed Education Society
This tour is a lifetime opportunity to grab as they say, make hay while the sun shines. Not only will you visit the sacred places but you will also witness and experience directly the precious teachings on Tibetan Buddhism by His Holiness the Dalai Lama. More than a simple tour this can be considered as an experiential learning program with an objective to promote cultural exchange, deep understanding of the Tibetan Buddhist teachings and of the monastic life of Tibetan Buddhist monk in India. You will also get an exposure of the socio-economic conditions and the culture of Tibetan refugee communities in India. This is a journey to awaken the pure soul inherent within each one of us by indulging in the teachings on Tibetan Buddhism by the learned scholar. While you listen to the preaching, you will also have a rare chance to live in a monastery which will help you to experience peace within yourself.
You will participate in every morning prayers and meditation with the monks, interactive penal discussion every evening and offering prayer flags, which is considered as a very sacred tradition from centuries in Tibetan tradition. Still in today’s date Tibetans are following the same tradition of offering prayer flags on high places and spreading the scripted sacred mantras in the space for one’s family, to uplift one’s luck and others too. The 14-day exclusive retreat tour in a monastery offers you a unique opportunity to shift to a more spiritual way of being through Tibetan Buddhism. With the guidance of your teacher you will have a very special chance to participate in two very important rituals of Tibetan Buddhism: the Green Tara Puja, which helps one in disturbing mind desiring to stay in peace, and chod rituals.
Utilise your time at monastery to refresh your mind and body far away from the hectic pace of city life.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE TOUR:
- To attend His Holiness the Dalai Lama’s teachings in Mundgod Tibetan settlement, Karnataka state, India
- To participate in the 600th anniversary celebrations of Je Tsongkhapa
- To attend a ceremony celebrating the marking of the 6-year implementation phase of the Emory Tibetan Science Initiative
- Explore the Tibetan Buddhist monastery, nunnery, refugee camp and gain insight into local culture and beliefs.
- Circumambulation of the monastery, stupa and Mani wall to purify our negative karma and generate the seeds of enlightenment
- Offering of prayer flags to spread the scripted sacred mantras to the space and to one’s family, to uplift one’s luck and others too
- Recapitulate the daytime teachings followed by discussion with Buddhist monk
- Waking up to a brewing cup of Tibetan herbal tea
- Meditation to free oneself from disturbing mind with the help of Buddhist monks
- Participate in Green Tara Puja, which helps one in disturbing mind desiring to stay in peace or solace.
- Participation in Chod Prayer with special ritual with chanting, music, prayers and offerings performed by Yogi